• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Official ORAS Tier Discussion

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'm applying:

I was a member of the old tiering council, and, while I'm far from the best battler, ever I know a lot about the tiering process, a lot about what is popular in every metagame and what the general concensus about which Pokemon people feel need to move up or down, having heard a lot from many of the more experienced players in the tiers which I have less experience in (e.g. in Smogon's RU, people want Hitmonchan and Claydol to go down due to how terrible they are in the metagame, while Alomomola and Doublade are constantly on the brink of going up to UU, with the latter in constant consideration for supect testing by the RU council, but repeatedly missing out by 0.001-0.100% usage in UU, as well as Moltres being considered by a large proportion of the metagame's players - including one of the metagame's co-leaders - to be suspect worthy, although not quickban worthy). Additionally, I currently have a total of 7 contributions to Smogon's pokedex under my belt (my contributions can be found here).

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'm applying too, but I'll try to keep this short...

As you know, I was already on the last tiering council for X and Y, and I contributed a hella lot of time to those rankings. I am an experienced player, definitely not the best on the site, but I can hold my own and I understand which Pokemon in what tiers need moving or need to stay - I even have some primary suggestions for the new ORAS tiering. I am a big player of both OU and UU, with my peak being around 1600 prior to the ladder reset, but I am also a big VGC player, coming 20th at Nationals last year.

I feel I would be a good choice (again) due to my commitment to the project as well as my experience behind each of the tiers. I have some good arguments behind certain 'mons like Smeargle (the RU/UU debate), Greninja, mMawile and many others, and I hope I can help continue this project as we head into ORAS :D

EDIT: Also, tbh, I've already got a googledocs set up ready ;)

Last edited:

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I would like to apply.

I consider myself to be a good candidate for a few reasons. For one, I'm a site mentor and gym leader that understands the Perfect Pokemon metagame as well as anyone. I also have significant experience in many of the Smogon tiers with a particular affinity for RU. In all but NU, I've spent time in the top 200 of every ORAS tier ladder (although a couple of these runs were right after the ladder reset). I believe my perspective on some of the lower tiers could be very beneficial to this group. I'm also very committed to the whole process of tiering Pokemon and really like that we at PP are doing it by viability and not usage.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I feel like i have a great understanding of the meta to be able to help, and join the tiering council. I also feel as if i'm skilled enough to be helpful as well even though i am just a lowly n00b. So this is me applying, to help put the pokemon i feel should be in certain tiers, its short, its not sweet and its not that persuading but i know i'll be of help. Thank you for considering me. :D

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
@AndromedaNexus Added to the council!

Last chance before we get started up guys, don't forget to apply!

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
I'd like to put my name in as well. I wanted to be on the last tiering council but didn't get the opportunity; I have plenty of experience battling in various tiers on showdown and in battling on this site. I've placed second in two official and one unofficial tourney here, I'm a mentor both for the site and Team Nova, and I currently maintain two active gyms. I have good knowledge of what works and what doesn't, what's a gimmick and what's viable, and most importantly, what's good on paper but falls short in practice.

Overall I feel I have the experience and the base of knowledge necessary to help form a fair tiering system for the site.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd like to put my name in as well. I wanted to be on the last tiering council but didn't get the opportunity; I have plenty of experience battling in various tiers on showdown and in battling on this site. I've placed second in two official and one unofficial tourney here, I'm a mentor both for the site and Team Nova, and I currently maintain two active gyms. I have good knowledge of what works and what doesn't, what's a gimmick and what's viable, and most importantly, what's good on paper but falls short in practice.

Overall I feel I have the experience and the base of knowledge necessary to help form a fair tiering system for the site.

Adding you to the council now :)

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I would like to apply for the council as well. Despite the fact that I only got into competitive battling less than a year ago (really started in the spring) I would like to think that I've grown a lot as a battler. I have a strong understanding of the different roles played by various Pokemon and prefer to build my own sets (to a degree). I'm not going to say I'm easily swayed from my opinions, but if you provide enough evidence I'm pretty flexible. I feel that this would help if I am accepted as I would still be able to see both sides of the argument. I'm more than willing to look at Pokemon in a non-Smogon light and really aim to be fair to them in terms that don't mean they'll all get banned for simply being useful/a threat. I've placed fairly well in tournaments and have had successful gyms, which I think goes with proper teambuilding skills.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I would like to apply for the council as well. Despite the fact that I only got into competitive battling less than a year ago (really started in the spring) I would like to think that I've grown a lot as a battler. I have a strong understanding of the different roles played by various Pokemon and prefer to build my own sets (to a degree). I'm not going to say I'm easily swayed from my opinions, but if you provide enough evidence I'm pretty flexible. I feel that this would help if I am accepted as I would still be able to see both sides of the argument. I'm more than willing to look at Pokemon in a non-Smogon light and really aim to be fair to them in terms that don't mean they'll all get banned for simply being useful/a threat. I've placed fairly well in tournaments and have had successful gyms, which I think goes with proper teambuilding skills.

Adding you now, congrats

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
You gotta follow format when applying, also we're basically finished...
No we're not we still have all the non-mega Pokemon that were affected - either directly or indirectly - by the ORAS tutors, new threats and the new level up moves.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
No we're not we still have all the non-mega Pokemon that were affected - either directly or indirectly - by the ORAS tutors and the new level up moves.
You kinda missed most of that, actually.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
You kinda missed most of that, actually.
oh for f*** sake I go away for a few days and I miss it all -_- why did we do this over christmas rather than waiting...

DelphoxLife

Youngster Joey
Credits
Are you still accepting? I may have only joined perfectpokemon a short while ago but I have a great understanding of the meta game. I have being playing competitively for about a year and a half but have been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember. I know the usages(is that a real word?) of natures, abilities and how important ev training to best suit your move set is. I hope you see this. Bye.